The particular Ghana Armed Forces(GAF) are becoming the subject of multiple lawsuits subsequent weeks of a clampdown upon small scale mining routines in some districts of the Ashanti region, sanctioned by the Main Command as part of Operation Stop II. Several mining apparatus, some parked several kms away from any mine web site belonging to some licensed little scale miners have been torched by armed soldiers within recent weeks, in what the particular military say is an physical exercise to save the environment. A week ago, the National Worried Small Scale Miners Organization of Ghana (NCSSMAG) inside a press statement described the particular offensive by government-deployed troops as “a grand plan to throw miners that are unwilling to part with massive sums of money to the troops in the Operation Halt from business”, served notice associated with possible legal action contrary to the republic. At the time, the organization said they had “incontrovertible proof to prove that the troops deployed by the government are just interested in cashing in on the procedure, charging a minimum of GHC forty five, 000 if a miner desires to have the peace of mind to do their particular work. ”Just last week, the morning crackdown by the Procedure Halt II in the Atwima Mponua and Amansie Western districts saw several excavators parked at home and others on-site set ablaze; a ravaging inferno from three excavators parked at home at Ntobroso spread wide and gutted a 7 bedroom home belonging to a small scale miner. Addressing a press meeting in the aftermath, the General Official Commanding the Central Order of the Ghana Armed Forces, Brigadier General Joseph Arphour defined the operation as productive, safe the situation that triggered the house fire. One little scale miner whose excavator and bulldozer and 3 drums of diesel had been set ablaze on-site on Manso Moseaso in the Amansie West District has endangered to sue the government as well as the Ghana Armed Forces for the reduction. According to Mr. Jacob Adongo, he is involved in a accountable and legal business therefore there was no justification for your mayhem on his concession; he or she is one of the very few small level miners in the country who take the appropriate steps to reclaim the property after mining. “I don’t realize why anybody would simply come to my site to put my machines ablaze since I am not mining on the river body, neither I am I working in a woodland reserve; the bulldozer which they burnt down is what I have already been using to reclaim the particular land, so now that they have got destroyed it, how do they need the land to be reclaimed”, he said in an job interview with Kumasi-based Angel FM monitored by Mynewsgh. possuindo on Monday morning. He or she estimates the price of the excavator at GHC 1 . six million, the bulldozer with GHC 1 . 1 mil and the drums of diesel powered at GHC 80, 1000 and expects the government to take instant steps to pay him or even he follows suit along with legal action as continues to be done by some of their colleague small scale miners. The Ashanti Regional Ressortchef (umgangssprachlich), Simon Osei Mensah informed Kumasi-based Abusua FM which he did not know anything regarding the operation until he heard of the mayhem it got resulted in the media. Up to now, close to 50 small level miners who have been adversely impacted by the crackdown by the troops have proceeded to courtroom. According to the NCCSMAG, “No quantity of intimation and targeting might suffice in this brazen try to send the small scale exploration sector back to the blues; we hope that the outcome of the particular 2020 general elections nevertheless serves a great lesson towards the powers that be. ”Source: MyNewsGh. com/Edward Amagyei Naaso/2022Send your news stories in order to [email protected] plus via WhatsApp on +233 202452509